Friday, February 1, 2013

BIG PLANS

I used to live by myself.  For seven glorious (if not very expensive) months I had an entire two-bedroom apartment to myself.

My clean, organized, particular self.


And then I realized that I was very poor.  And then I was given the opportunity to take in a roommate and I was blinded by the possibility to cut my rent in half and took that opportunity.


And then I realized that I had to allow my new roommate some closet space.  In her room.


I guess that's fair...?


And then my room was overflowing with stuff.


My first course of action was to purge purge purge.  I donated 4 (or was it 5? 6?) stuffed bags of clothing, shoes, coats, and purses (to my friends reading this: I promise there was nothing you wanted in there).


Now I need to come up with creative and affordable and stylish storage solutions.  Enter IKEA.


I've got a hack planned and it involves this baby:



IKEA ODDA 3 drawer chest

Check back here for the results in a week or two.  Maybe longer.  I tend to over-commit my weekends, okay?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure creeped out that you read my mind in the middle of this post...

    Excited your back to the blog!

    ReplyDelete