Friday, February 1, 2013

THE LITTLE THINGS 2/1/13


It's the little things in life that can make or break a moment, day, week, month, year.

My goals for 2013 are to choose quality over quantity and joy over jealousy.


That being said, I'm going to try to take a few moments every week to catalog the little things that brightened my week.  Hopefully at the end of December, I can review these posts and remember how accentuating the positive made for a joyful year.


- I got a Jury Duty summons and didn't have to report.  In fact, NONE of us did!!


- I received a hand written note from my insurance claims representative thanking me for my business after my car got broken into last week.   A HAND WRITTEN NOTE!!


- I bought myself some yellow tulips and put one bud in the new (to me) milk glass vase my sweet boyfriend bought for me at an antique shop last weekend on our mini-getaway to Sonora.  It sits on my nightstand to brighten my nights and my mornings.


- I started planning my best friend's bridal shower.  Details will be shared in the coming weeks/months.


- The home team (ahem, GO NINERS!!) gets to compete in the Super Bowl this weekend for the first time since 1995.


My favorite links of the week?


Victoria posted this recipe last week for homemade queso (the photo alone got me drooling) and you can bet I'm bringing it to the Super Bowl party this weekend.


Design Bright (my real life best friend!!) posted a fantastic roundup of red and gold gear for the design savvy football fan.  I am dying over those flats.  Can I get them by Sunday?


Have a SUPER weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment