Wednesday, June 26, 2013

DREAM SPECIFIC


I've spoken (written?) before about the concept of the universal law of attraction.  The secret.  Whatever you want to call it.

I recently experienced the power of this concept at work.

I have been overloaded lately at my day job.  Since I don't love it to begin with, you can imagine how I felt about it when drowning in to-do lists.  I decided I needed to ask for a raise.  A big one.

We just had our annual reviews in March and I had already received my annual bonus and raise.

But since then I felt that the increased workload and responsibility justified another step.

I planned it out, decided how much I would ask for (and subsequently how much I would settle for) and mentally prepared myself to fight for my worth.

And then on Monday my boss called me into his office and told me that he and our EVP had noticed how much I've had to step it up recently... and that because of my hard work and because they value me and see big things for my future... I would be getting a raise...

... to the amount I had predetermined I would settle for during my planned negotiation.

You can imagine my shock.  Nice work, universal law of attraction!!

Anyway, this drives home the point that when we are planning/scheming/dreaming of our next steps in work, in love, in life... we need to dream big specific.

My friend and I are going apartment hunting in a few weeks for our new home come October.  You can bet we have a specific list of wants, needs, and must-haves.  I'll definitely share how the universe responds to these perfect apartment vibes.

And, to tie it all in with the image above... I love birch trees.  D just so happens to love birch trees.  I recently read an article about how people who live in greener areas (think lots of trees) actually exhibit lower stress levels.  Who doesn't love that?

My future home dreams are now full of beautiful leafy birch trees to make sure the universe knows exactly what I want ;)

Have you ever experienced the law of attraction delivering exactly that for which you were searching?  I'd love to hear about it.

**side note: this raise does not affect my plans to pursue a happier, more fulfilling career in the future.  it just helps set me up for future financial security/success as I make those (specific) dreams a reality.**


No comments:

Post a Comment