Friday, March 1, 2013

THE LITTLE THINGS 3/3/2013


Good morning, March.

I, first and foremost, am shocked (or shamrocked?!  okay, that was bad) at how quickly this year is flying by.

My primary goal for March is to take it easy.  I have an insane couple months ahead of me and feel no guilt about being self-indulgent this month (in a time spent on myself kind of way, we can talk about budgets some other day).

Here is a brief list of the little things I'm thankful for this week:

- I get to see my beautiful niece tomorrow.  In two months she has absolutely captured my heart and I feel so blessed to be able to watch her grow.

- I get to see my sister tomorrow.  One year ago today she wasn't even pregnant yet.  Today she is a fantastic mom.  I am so proud of her.

- For the most part, I have a great boss.  He had a financial adviser come talk to us this week to give us an overview of the various types of investment accounts (both retirement and otherwise) and some broad suggestions on how to set ourselves up for financial success.

- New friends.  It is so hard to make new friends once you're in the groove of real life and not only have I made a few lately, but they are proving to be amazing women that totally inspire me.

- Old friends.  I got to spend some much-needed quality time with two of my best friends this week.  I am so lucky!!

- Pedicures.  Oh my gosh, yes.

- Alone time.  I walk the fine line between an introvert and an extrovert and, for the most part, only meet the needs of the latter.  I would love a Friday night that includes yoga, a bath, a glass of wine, and a book.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to pencil in a date with myself on my calendar for tonight...

Have a self-indulgent weekend ;)


p.s. so not a coincidence that the image this week is from Ireland
p.p.s. so not a coincidence that the image this week is from a retirement website (planning ahead...)

No comments:

Post a Comment