Monday, April 8, 2013

ANYTHING CAN BE


Happy Monday, friends :)

fyi - I can type that with a smile because I'm not writing this Monday morning.

I saw this quote (not to mention gorgeous depiction of it) and had to share.

First of all, I'm a total sap and love the inclusion of "child" in the statement.  It sounds so warm and caring and loving and comforting.

Second of all, I loved Shel Silverstein's books growing up.  Where the Sidwalk Ends, A Light in the Attic, and Falling Up were among my favorites.

And, finally, (most obviously) the sentiment is fantastic.

Anything can be.

I put so many limitations on things.  They can't be because of time, money, and all sorts of other constraints.

Anything can happen, child.  Anything can be.

If I look at my life right now, so many things have happened that I never would have thought possible.

I am so much stronger than I ever knew (physically, mentally, emotionally).  I have a pretty freakin fantastic group of friends surrounding me (I always thought myself a loser or a not-cool-kid).  I may not love my job, but I have been working here for 2.5 years (I have a tendency to hop from one thing to another and not just stay put).  I am dating a wonderful man that hopefully someday will be more than just a boyfriend (um hello I was one of those little girls dreaming about someday weddings).

If all these things could happen, anything can happen.

What else can I will into being?  I very much believe in the universal law of attraction... so if I can create my own reality and build my own life... what do I want to do, to be?

After all, it can be anything.

Does this quote resonate with you at all?  Am I the only one who loved Mr. Silverstein's poetry?  Please share below.

No comments:

Post a Comment