Friday, April 5, 2013

I'M A GROWN-UP?


It didn't happen overnight.  And I certainly didn't do it on purpose... but I think I'm a grown-up.

Here are a few of the signs I've noticed:

- I often think (and sometimes even blurt out), "That girl should put on a sweater!!  It is too cold to be wearing that."

- I consider it a late night if I see 10pm... even from the comfort of my own sofa.

- I call my sofa a sofa.

- I can't read a menu if the lights are too dim in a hip bar/restaurant. <-- this is super embarrassing to admit

- I just wrote the word "hip".

- I bought a vacuum for my big "splurge" when bonuses came out at work.  And I'm super excited about it.

- I don't know how technology works.  I'm one of those people that when handed an iPhone accidentally does something crazy and hands it over like it's a hot potato to its owner saying, "I don't know what happened but FIX IT!!"

- I wear belts and tuck my shirt in.  We used to call this the "Rachel Ray" look.  Now I sport it almost daily.

- I get mad at "kids these days".  Especially when they are rude with cell phone usage (put it away at the dinner table), or dress inappropriately for their age.  Little girls don't need halter tops, people.  Or an iPhone, for that matter.

I'm sure there are a million other little things, but those are the ones that have hit me the most in the past week or two.

When did you realize you had reached "grown-up" status?  Please tell me I'm not alone...


No comments:

Post a Comment